For the third year in a row Big Brother has topped the Ofcom complaints chart, followed by its spin-off show Celebrity Big Brother.
This year Big Brother received a whopping 3,784 complaints, many of which were focused on Helen Wood, who controversially won the series despite being branded as a “bully”.
Many of the complaints 1,900 complaints received by the celebrity version of the show concentrated on the behavior and occasional lack of clothing from winner Gary Busey.
Channel 4 also had two shows in the top ten most complained about TV shows of 2014, with Going to the Dogs and Benefits Street attracting 1,800 and 1,000 complaints respectively.
The X Factor managed to wrap up 360 complaints during this years series whilst all three of the soaps also made it into the top ten. Coronation Street received the most complaints out of the three with 367 complaints (mainly about the Marcus and Todd kiss). This is closely followed by Eastenders, picking up 316 complaints (mainly about the Linda Carter rape storyline) while Emmerdale came in 8th with 243 complaints.
The top ten are as follows:
1. Big Brother, Channel 5 – 3,784 complaints
2. Celebrity Big Brother, Channel 5 – 1,874 complaints
3. Cutting Edge: Going to the Dogs, Channel 4 – 1,805 complaints
4. Benefits Street, Channel 4 – 967 complaints
5. Coronation Street, ITV – 367 complaints
6. The X Factor, ITV, – 360 complaints
7. EastEnders, BBC One – 316 complaints
8. Emmerdale, ITV – 243 complaints
9. Sky News (20/07/14 – Colin Brazier MH17 disaster) – 205 complaints
10. Channel 4 News – 193 complaints
Celebrity Big Brother begins on the 7th of January on Channel 5.