Diners hit by maggots in Jamie Oliver’s restaurant!

    A customer was hit by maggots falling off the ceiling, whilst enjoying dinner at Jamie Oliver's Italian restaurant in Norwich!


    A 48 year-old man, who has asked not to be named, was left stunned when maggots started falling onto his lunch from the ceiling of Jamie Oliver’s restaurant.


    The 48 year old man told The Mirror: “We got a table by the window and the food was nice but when we were halfway through the meal, maggots started falling on my head.”

    “I felt something on my head and found a maggot but I brushed it off at first and presumed it must have been a caterpillar that had fallen whilst walking to the restaurant.”

    “But then others fell onto the table. It was gross and we were shocked.”

    “It was like spaghetti, a salad for my friend and a side order of maggots.

    “I called over a waitress and she said ‘oh my god’ then another landed whilst she was there and made her jump. In the end the manager came over and spoke to us and waived the bill and then we left.

    “I was scratching my head for ages afterwards and I can’t be 100 percent sure I didn’t eat one.”

    During the initial search of the area above the table, no dead animals were found, so the restaurant suspect the problem could be due to woodworm.


    In a statement, a spokesman for TV chef Jamie said: “Earlier this week a single, isolated pest control incident occurred at our Norwich restaurant

    “The incident in question was dealt with immediately and is being fully investigated. At no point was the customer’s food affected and there appears to be no evidence of a wider problem.

    “All of our restaurants operate to a very high level of food safety and Jamie’s Italian Norwich retains a 5 star Food Hygiene Rating (the highest) from the local Environmental Health Office.

    “Issues such as this are extremely rare within the JO Restaurant Group and are always treated immediately.”

    Understandably, the diner issued a formal complaint to environmental health and a spokesman for Norwich council said all complaints would be looked into by their food safety team once logged.

    Receive news in Facebook Messenger


    Get news on... (tick as many as you want below)