The Voice UK bosses have rejected EVERY hopeful who successfully got through the audition process, by accident.
More than 200 hopefuls who successfully got through the first few audition processes of The Voice UK 2016 were left devastated when they got a message on Monday saying they would not be progressing any further.
The Sun newspaper reports that the producers started frantically phoning the hopefuls who got through, telling them it was a mistake and that they were NOT dumped from the show.
A show insider admitted to the newspaper: “All 200 successful contestants were contacted by telephone and the 300 who were actually kicked off the show had already been sent the correct email.
“It has not been a great week for The Voice and the executives could have done without this mess.”
One unnamed hopeful told the paper: “I told my friends and family that I was out, then I got a call saying it was a mistake. Obviously I was chuffed that I wasn’t booted out but I really could have done without the hell I went through.
A spokesperson for The Voice UK commented: “We can confirm this unfortunate incident was caused by a technical glitch and was rectified immediately.”