John Legend has announced an European ‘Darkness and Light’ arena tour and new single ‘Surefire’.
Acclaimed, multi-platinum selling, Oscar, Golden Globe, and 10x Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter John Legend will return to Europe to embark on his biggest tour yet this September and October.
The ‘Darkness and Light’ tour will arrive in Europe for a 24-show jaunt of the continent, beginning in Glasgow, Scotland on September 8th before culminating in Lisbon, Portugal on October 14th.
The news of the tour comes as John announces ‘Surefire’ – the second single to be lifted from the album ‘Darkness and Light,’ which was released to critical acclaim in December 2016. ‘Surefire’ will follow the album’s lead single ‘Love Me Now’, which has garnered over 157,000,000 Spotify streams worldwide, with the official video being viewed over 88,000,000 times on YouTube.
Since the release of ‘Darkness and Light,’ John Legend has co-executive produced and starred in the box office smash ‘La La Land,’ which has gone on to win seven Golden Globe Awards and six Academy Awards, and performed the title track to the recent remake of ‘Beauty and the Beast’ with Ariana Grande.
The ‘Darkness and Light’ tour will visit these dates in the UK:
- Friday 8th September – Glasgow The SSE Hydro, Scotland
- Saturday 9th September – Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, England
- Sunday 10th September – Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, England
- Tuesday 12th September – London O2 Arena, England
- Friday 15th September – Leeds First Direct Arena, England
- Saturday 16th September – Manchester Arena, England
- Sunday 17th September – Liverpool Echo Arena, England
- Tuesday 19th September – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, Wales
- Wednesday 20th September – Birmingham Barclaycard Arena, England
Tickets for all shows of John Legend’s ‘Darkness and Light’ tour will be available from 9am GMT on Friday 31st March.