Ant and Dec haven’t ruled out a second hiatus for hit ITV show Saturday Night Takeaway.
Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway concludes tonight on ITV, and Ant and Dec hinted at next years series – It may not return for a while.
Ant and Dec rested Saturday Night Takeaway for four years after their 2009 series, and they’ve hinted they haven’t ruled it out for next year.
The famous Geordie duo said giving the show a long break “worked” previously, so they wouldn’t rule out the option for future series.
Speaking to press recently, the pair said: “It got to the stage where it needed fresh ideas, and we could tell.
“We were like, ‘Let’s just come off air and have a think for a bit’. Thankfully it worked.”
Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, will come live from The Walt Disney Resort in Florida tonight from 7pm on ITV.
Anthony McPartlin was asked if he has considered a second hiatus for the show, he reportedly responded: “I wouldn’t say no to that, it worked.”
However, he added: “I’d hate to say take it off air now because we’re enjoying it so much.”
Declan Donnelly said: “This is our fifth since the relaunch and feels like we’ve just come back, so not at the minute.”
The current series of Saturday Night Takeaway (season 14) has been a ratings winner for the ITV.