Cricketer Monty Panesar has quit the Dancing On Ice 2018 line up due to injury, he will be replaced by singer Lemar.
One celebrity has already had to drop out of Dancing On Ice 2018 before the show airs on ITV due to an injury.
ITV have confirmed today that sadly Monty has had to quit the lineup after an injury to his ankle.
He’ll be replaced by singer Lemar instead.
An ITV spokesperson confirmed to TwitCelebGossip: “Owing to an injury sustained in training, Monty has had to withdraw from the competition. Lemar will take his place, and will be partnered with professional skater Melody.”
An insider sent into more detail with The Sun: “Monty suffered a nasty fall during training and has badly injured his ankle. It’s a quite serious fracture and he’s out of the competition,
“He’s been told there’s no way he can be part of the new series, which he’s absolutely devastated about.”
The source added: “Lemar was obviously gutted to hear about Monty’s accident but is thrilled to have got the call up to the show. He’s been putting in plenty of hours of training.”
Who is confirmed for Dancing on Ice 2018?
- Brooke Vincent – Coronation Street actress
- Cheryl Baker – Bucks Fizz member (and TV presenter)
- Kem Cetinay – Winner of Love Island 2017
- Candice Brown – Great British Bake Off Winner
- Max Evans – Scottish Rugby Player
- Monty Panesar – England cricket Star
- Perri Shakes-Drayton – Athlete
- Jake Quickenden – X Factor Star
- Donna Air – James Middleton’s ex
- Alex Beresford – Good Morning Britain Weatherman
- Antony Cotton – Coronation Street Star
- Stephanie Waring – Hollyoaks Star
The professionals confirmed for Dancing on Ice 2018:
- Vanessa Bauer
- Mark Hanretty
- Brianne Delcourt
- Matt Evers
- Alex Murphy
- Matej Sileji
- Sylvain Longchambon
- Alejandra Izquierdo
- Melody Le Moal
- Dan Whiston
- Brandee Malto
- Hamish Gaman
Ashley Banjo has been confirmed to join the previously announced Torvill and Dean and Jason Gardiner as judges when the show returns to ITV in the New Year.