I’m A Celebrity bosses are said to be furious as their National Television Award for best Challenge Show has gone missing.
I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! producers have started a hunt as their National Television Award for best Challenge Show has gone missing.
It appears one of the contestants from last year’s I’m a Celebrity took the award home with them, according to Iain Lee.
Speaking on his talkRADIO show, Iain said: “The day after the National Television Awards, (one of the producers) rung me up and said, ‘Have you got the NTA, you know, the trophy?’
“I said, ‘What do you mean?’ and she said, ‘Well, someone’s walked off with it and we don’t know where it is. I’m ringing around all of them. I don’t think it’s you but I’ve got to ring round everyone to see if they know where it is.'”
Iain added: “I think Rebekah’s got it,
“I spoke to [the producer] again on Friday and it still hadn’t turned up. Someone’s had it.”
ITV has declined to comment.
I’m A Celeb producers are said to be furious and are considering banning celebs from touching the award in the future to prevent a repeat.
A source told The Sun: “The award was being passed around on the night of the NTAs. People were desperate to take a selfie with it and obviously with everyone sloshed it got lost.
“From next year they’ll be banned – they’re that angry. The trophy has gone walkies.”