Claudia Winkleman has been confirmed as the new host for Strictly Come Dancing.
After Bruce Forsyth announced that he was leaving the award winning TV show earlier this year, Claudia has been announced as the new partner for existing Strictly presenter Tess Daly.
Bruce will still be involved in the Children In Need and Christmas Specials, but Tess and Claudia will host the main series throughout the autumn.
“I have loved Strictly since the second it appeared on our screens and I am honoured and thrilled to now be part of the Saturday night team,” Winklemen told Digital Spy.
“Working alongside Tess is always fantastic and I can’t wait to spend the weekends with her, our amazing dancers and the greatest judging panel on the planet. Sir Bruce is a living legend and we’ll all miss him very much.”
Claudia isn’t a stranger to Strictly because she’s presented the spin-off show ‘It Takes Two’ for six years and she’s stood in for Bruce on Sunday nights to give Bruce a rest. Claudia has also presented the Saturday night shows when Bruce has been absent due to illness or planned breaks.
“It’s really exciting having two women host the show, and we are great mates so there’ll be lots of fun to be had on and off the dancefloor, and of course I’ll look forward to being reunited with Brucie for the Children in Need and Christmas shows,” said Tess Daly.
BBC One controller Charlotte Moore said: “Tess and Claudia are a fantastic duo and natural successors to Strictly’s presenting lineup now that Sir Bruce has decided to step down. Their commitment and passion for the show make them the perfect pairing to take Strictly into a new era.”
Strictly Come Dancing will return in the autumn.